- Designed For
- Professionals who want to increase their understanding of human resources and grow their leadership skills
- February 18 - March 24, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $487 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Five weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.5 Units | 25 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Introduction to Human Resource Management, Second edition.
Paul Banfield and Rebecca Kay.
ISBN: 978-0-19-958108-5. Oxford University Press. Copyright 2012.
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Effective business administration requires highly developed human resources and management skills, but these are often some of the most complicated and complex areas of business. Organizational leaders need to hire and retain the right employees while also following regulations and industry best practices, which requires a foundational knowledge in human resources and management. Our course allows you to build this essential knowledge and develop these critical skills in order to drive your company’s success.
In this expert-led online course, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the complex details of federal employment laws and gather resources to ensure you stay up-to-date on changes to these laws
- Develop recruitment strategies that improve employee and organizational effectiveness
- Implement cutting-edge leadership skills, including emotionally intelligent communication strategies, expert team coaching and effective conflict resolution
- Establish necessary protocols for record-keeping, job analysis, performance appraisal and more
Successful leaders need to do more than hire the right people, which is a complicated task in itself. They also need to create meaning for their employees in the workplace and ensure they communicate in emotionally intelligent ways while resolving conflict promptly. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to draw on key human resource concepts and theories to build, motivate and inspire your team.
This course is a part of the Business Administration Certificate, which includes:
- Finance Accounting Foundations
- Principles of Marketing
- Negotiation Strategies
- Management and Human Resource Essentials
This course is a collaboration with OSU College of Business.
What You'll Learn
- Understand federal employment laws and gather resources for staying up to date on changes to these laws
- Develop recruiting strategies that improve employee and organizational effectiveness
- Apply new leadership skills, including emotionally intelligent communication strategies, coaching, and conflict resolution
- Establish record-keeping, job analysis, and performance appraisal protocols
Christoph is a human resources professional with extensive background in the hospitality service industry and banking industry. With 14 years’ experience with Ritz-Carlton in the US and Germany, he got first-hand knowledge and understanding for the needs of internal and external customers. After leaving hotel operations, Christoph was able to use this knowledge to create a great learning experience for other employees and to show them ways to better engage customers and employees. As an HR professional, Christoph is involved in shaping my company's present and future by assuring that all HR guidelines are applied fair and consistently.