- Designed For
- Designed for newcomers in the marketing and communications industry or professionals who desire increased digital savvy.
- May 13 - June 30, 2019
- Online | Instructor-led
- $475 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Seven weeks
Plan for 3-8 hours of work per week
- 2.5 Units | 25 Hours
Ask us about Corporate Training.
We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
With smart phones, tablets and laptops, every one from marketers to web designers will benefit from understanding the user experience and the many digital channels available to their audiences. In Building a Digital Content Strategy, you will learn how to develop a content marketing strategy to reach the connected user with the right message in the appropriate channel. In addition, you’ll understand usability and accessibility of current multimedia devices and how to write web content that speaks to the audience interacting with these environments.
From words to the visual, learn what audiences want to see from a brand and how to create a complete 21st century customer experience. Explore how essential digital content components of the user experience are related to online customer service, satisfaction and brand loyalty as your visitors progress through the modern sales funnel.
This course is a part of the Digital Brand Management Certificate, which includes:
- Building a Digital Content Strategy
- Search Engine Optimization & Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media & Mobile Marketing
- Digital Brand Strategies
This course is a collaboration between OSU College of Business and Professional and Continuing Education.
What You'll Learn
- User behavior online: accessibility and usability across platforms.
- Digital content and marketing strategies that maintain a consistent brand image across devices.
- Differences between platforms and optimization of each channel.
- Customer service in the 21st century.
- Refinement of the writing process: brainstorming, field research, storyboarding and drafting.
Hallie Janssen has spent over 20 years leading marketing strategies in-house and consulting for B2B, B2C and non-profit agencies. She currently leads B2B marketing strategy for sales at Opal, the leading marketing collaboration platform backing brands like REI, Starbucks, Microsoft and Airbnb. Prior to Opal, Janssen led the rebrand of The Oregonian and OregonLive, built an in-house creative agency and launched an events business as the Oregonian Media Group's Vice President of Marketing. Her B2C experience includes serving as the Director of eCommerce Marketing for Columbia Sportswear, leading digital marketing for Columbia, Mountain Hardwear, SOREL, and Montrail.