- Designed For
- Designed for learners who are looking to become more effective leaders and take on greater leadership challenges. Participants may come from any functional background, industry, or country. You can expect a diverse group of peers with whom you will share personal reflections on leadership, exchange ideas, and extend your personal and professional network.
- June 13, 2017 in Corvallis OR June 23, 2017 in Bend
- 1-day; 8 hours
- 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- 1 CEU
- Talk to the Program Manager
- Contact our program manager, Paula Matano at 541-737-3690 or email@example.com to schedule a free, no-obligation training consultation.
"Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting and, most importantly, a way of communicating." ~ Simon Sinek
Regardless of your position or your field, being able to properly lead is one of the biggest factors in determining your success or failure.
And being able to lead is a privilege to better the lives of others. That's a tall task.
The great news is that leadership can be learned and developed.
It’s important to remember that people choose who they support and follow. If you want to be a successful leader who inspires the best in others, your leadership skills need to be working for you, not against you.
Leadership is Learnable
Dean Newlund learned how to become a successful leader out of necessity and trained countless managers with multinational companies like Honeywell, Marriott, Microsoft, American Express and the Mayo Clinic.
In his captivating webinar on Dealing with Today's Leadership Challenges, Dean list lack of self-awareness as the biggest reason leaders fail.
What is Authentic Leadership?
As the times change, so does our understanding of what it takes to be an effective leader.
With technology and the different generations (Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Millennials) all coming together, successful leaders are making needed adjustments - techniques that worked five-years ago have now become outdated.
So, Authentic Leadership is having the deeper interpersonal skills to successfully manage and foster continuous improvement. What do authentic leaders have in common with well run, value-based companies?
They both have a written brand statement.
What Makes this Leadership Program Unique?
During this engaging one-day seminar, Dean Newlund will give you his proven process to::
- Identify your core values
- Get the exact techniques to energize your teams
- Be able to avoid derailing behaviors
- Know how to communicate in a compelling way
- Expand your network
- Create your own leadership brand statement that tells others what you stand for and what they can expect from your leadership
Practice Does Make Perfect
The hard part about leadership and leading is that it's a-learn-as-you-go skill practiced live, when it actually counts. That's like learning how to hit a baseball in a game rather than in batting practice.
That's why this Authentic Leadership program is above all else a practice. It is a practice designed to:
- Guide us when navigating change and tension
- Help us apply awareness and competence rather than habitual reactions
- Take ownership of our personal experience
- Determine the appropriate action in every situation
So, if you're a senior manager, supervisor, coordinator, and team leader, this Authentic Leadership is designed specifically for you.
We're Oregon's statewide and largest university, with students in Corvallis, Bend, Newport and Portland, plus online students across Oregon, the nation and the world. U.S. News & World Report named Oregon State among the "Best Global Universities" (Top 2 percent in the world).
Take the First Step
To get started and take the first step toward becoming your best leader, simply register now.
What You'll Learn
- Create a Value Statement
- Manage Stress and Conflict
- Use Stories to Engage
- Align Personal Core Values with those of your Team or Company
- Learn to Avoid Missteps when skills become Derailers
- Build Resiliency during times of Change
- Develop a leadership brand statement that answers the question: why do you want to lead and why should we follow you?
Dean Newlund is CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a 25-year-old boutique team-based development firm with offices in Phoenix and Bend. Dean has developed and facilitated hundreds of training programs for small to large organizations, for-profit and nonprofit, government agencies, and school systems in the US and in 19 countries. He is certified in several assessment tools has written columns and white papers, and has spoken at conferences on the topics of leadership and communication and their effect on business results.