- Designed For
- Professionals who want to become more effective leaders and take on greater leadership challenges, individuals in new leadership positions, executive teams, individuals who want to improve their communication and management skills.
- November 2, 2018
- On-site | Portland, OR
Food Innovation Center
1207 NW Naito Pkwy
Portland, OR 97209
- $349 (+ $60 registration fee)
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 1.0 Units | 8 Hours
Ask us about Workforce Development Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Regardless of your position or your field, being able to properly lead is one of the biggest factors in determining your success. The great news is that leadership can be learned and developed.
As the times change, so does our understanding of what it takes to be an effective leader. With technology and the different generations (Baby Boomers, Gen X, and Millennials) all coming together, successful leaders are making needed adjustments - techniques that worked five-years ago have now become outdated.
Designed for learners who are looking to become more effective leaders and take on greater leadership challenges, this workshop will help you align your own values with that of your team and your company. Participants may come from any functional background, industry, or country. You can expect a diverse group of peers with whom you will share personal reflections on leadership, exchange ideas, and extend your personal and professional network.
During this engaging workshop, you will learn to:
- Identify your core values
- Get the exact techniques to energize your teams
- Be able to avoid derailing behaviors
- Know how to communicate in a compelling way
- Expand your network
- Create your own leadership brand statement that tells others what you stand for and what they can expect from your leadership
Our instructor, Dean Newlund,learned how to become a successful leader out of necessity and trained countless managers with multinational companies like Honeywell, Marriott, Microsoft, American Express and the Mayo Clinic. Learn from his experience in connecting with colleagues and delivering business results.
This course is a part of the Oregon Authentic Leadership Development Retreat, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Create a value statement
- Manage stress and conflict
- Use stories to engage
- Align personal core values with those of your team or company
- Learn to avoid missteps when skills become derailers
- Build resiliency during times of change
- Develop a leadership brand statement that answers the question: why do you want to lead and why should we follow you?
Dean Newlund is CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a 25-year-old boutique team-based development firm with offices in Phoenix and Bend. Dean has developed and facilitated hundreds of training programs for small to large organizations, for-profit and nonprofit, government agencies, and school systems in the US and in 19 countries. He is certified in several assessment tools has written columns and white papers, and has spoken at conferences on the topics of leadership and communication and their effect on business results.