- Designed For
- Individuals who are interested in learning more about aerial videography, including in regards to real estate, public safety, surveillance, video production, and more. Participants are encouraged to have some familiarity with UAS. Having access to a drone is recommended but not required. This course will be taught using Adobe software and access to Adobe Creative Cloud is required. You can obtain a student account at this link using Oregon State University as your school.
- March 6, 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Online, Instructor-led
- $675 for full certificate
- 40 Hours
- Eight Weeks (5 hours per week)
- 4 CEUs / 40 PDUs
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) is a fast growing field with countless application possibilities. One of the fastest growing uses of UAS is the industry of aerial videography and photography. The demand for aerial cinematography can be found throughout a diverse array of industries including media and cinema, real estate, scientific research, and the government and private sectors. As part of this growing industry in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon State will have many opportunities to establish itself as a center of unmanned systems science, research and commercialization.
The Aerial Cinematography and Photography certificate program will expose students to the vast array of skills in aerial cinematography and photography with the use of small system UAVs. The course are based on current technology and regulations, and the certificate will be updated as necessary to comply with any changes in FAA policy.
This single-course certificate program is offered online in a 8-week format consisting of 40-hours of instructor-led interactive course material and virtual assignments. Below is an outline of the weekly topics:
Week 1: Developing a drone video/photo business | History of aerial videography
Week 2: Cinematography and editing techniques
Week 3: Creating Professional Panoramas
Week 4: 3D Mapping and Inspection
Week 5: Cinematography 2 and Flight Night
Week 6: Real Estate Videos and Photos
Week 7: Content Creation and Editing 1 (portfolio project)
Week 8: Content Creation and Editing 2 (portfolio project)
Our instructor, Josh Friedman, is a professional film maker, video producer, photographer, and composer who specializes in aerial cinematography and photography. He is the founder, creator, coordinator, and a presenter at the National Drone Educators Conference. Check out the video below to see some of Josh's work:
What You'll Learn
- Understand how to develop a drone video and photo business
- Demonstrate editing skills of the non-linear editing and photography
- Create a professional aerial panorama
- Develop a 3D map
- Tell a story with a professional video using aerial videography
- Create an original professional real estate video
Josh Friedman is a film maker, musician, composer, photographer and educator. His company, One Zero Digital Media, LLC (www.OneZeroDM.com) began as Josh Friedman Productions in 2008. Based in Orange County, California, OZDM provides professional video, music, audio, and photography services. As a college educator and digital media specialist, founder Josh Friedman believes in a blend of creativity and professionalism in order to provide clients with solutions to their digital marketing needs. As a film maker, composer, sound designer, music producer and photographer, Josh Friedman is capable of ensuring success throughout an entire project from inception to delivery. With a team of video and audio professionals he works to make it easy for clients to showcase their needs on the cutting edge of an ever changing digital world. Josh Friedman is on faculty of the Digital Media department at Golden West College in Huntington Beach, CA and has earned a Masters Degree in Music from the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music, at CSU Long Beach. Prior to 2008 he toured extensively as a musician, worked as a full time fine arts educator and earned a BM and BME from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.