- Designed For
- Product managers, digital marketers, social media strategists and business leaders who wish to increase revenue, retention rates and marketing ROI.
- October 30 - December 11, 2017
- Online | Instructor-led
- $647 (+ $60 registration fee)
- Six weeks
Plan for 3-6 hours of work per week
- 2.5 Units | 25 Hours
- Required Textbook
- Multiscreen Marketing: The Seven Things You Need to Know to Reach Your Customers across TVs, Computers, Tablets, and Mobile Phones
Ask us about Corporate Training. We can customize this program to fit your organization's specific needs.
Transmedia storytelling applies the ancient art of storytelling to new media forms, bringing new opportunities that dramatically impact marketing strategies and brand value. Storytelling, always the power behind successful marketing, must be adapted to this new, interactive media landscape. A good story is the key to marketing, public relations and social advocacy because it is essential for audience engagement. Stories and narratives provide the context that audiences need so that information, actions and emotions have persuasive impact and personal relevance.
Transmedia storytelling in marketing engages audiences across media, multi-dimensionally. Critical information, back story and details of an ongoing narrative are provided through multiple media means - such as comic books, films, television programs, web content, mobile content, social networks, and games-creating a more expansive and immersive experience than traditional marketing.
This course is part of the Advanced Digital Marketing Certificate, which includes:
What You'll Learn
- Demonstrate an understanding of the difference between mono, multi, and transmedia storytelling
- Create a compelling transmedia narrative for a brand of your choice
- Identify multiple media types that are appropriate to the narrative being created
- Build a transmedia storytelling strategy for a business
Jeff Marcoux is Vice President of Product Marketing & Customer Experience Solutions at Teletech focused on helping brands deliver experiences that reflect the very best of humanity. He has driven cross product and team collaboration, digital transformation, supported multiple product releases, bringing new products to market, innovative marketing strategies, channel development, and acquisition integration work. He believes that every touch point with a customer is a marketing experience- from marketing to sales to customer service. Jeff is a marketing growth hacker, CX evangelists, martech expert, and brings entrepreneurial innovation to a big tech world. Additionally, Marcoux is a prominent customer experience and marketing speaker, and an adjunct professor of marketing for UC Irvine & Oregon State University. He attended the University of Washington where he received his MBA in Leadership and Certificate in Technology Entrepreneurship.